PET URGENT CARE
Our highly trained staff members are available to provide emergency medical care for your pet during normal business hours. We are equipped with the expertise and state of the art medical equipment to treat your pet for most medical conditions. If your pet is a patient at Kingsbrook Animal Hospital, and you are calling before 10pm on a weekday, you may call our emergency line at 240-252-4898. Otherwise, please call:
HOW YOU CAN HELP DURING AN EMERGENCY
Remember to stay calm. Animals are sensitive to people’s emotions, so if you stay calm your pet will be calmer, too. Please bring your pet to us as soon as possible after a trauma, or call us at 301-631-6900 if you have any questions regarding your pet’s condition. Remember that a pet in pain may even bite their owner, so be careful when handling a pet that is experiencing pain.
TRANSPORTING YOUR PET
- Handle your pet as gently and as little as possible.
- Lay your pet on its side if possible. If your pet seems to resent this or has more difficulty breathing on their side, leave them in a comfortable position of their choosing.
- Place your pet in the back seat and, when possible, have someone sit in the back with them.
- If your pet cannot walk or is too weak to stand, gently wrap/slide your pet into a blanket, towel, or coat and/or place them into a secure pet carrier.
- If you have assistance, two people should lift your pet into the vehicle supporting the head and rear.
- Drive carefully.