KITTEN CARE AT KINGSBROOK ANIMAL HOSPITAL
Welcoming a new kitten into your family is an exciting time, but it can also bring up many questions and concerns. During your kitten’s initial visit, we will not only perform a thorough physical examination and parasite screening, but also help you work through the maze of information available regarding litterbox training, nutrition, behavior and how to help your new kitten adjust to other pets and family members (and vice versa!).
Your kitten’s first exam will include:
- A comprehensive physical examination
- Vaccines customized for your kitten’s lifestyle
- Intestinal parasite (worm) screening and prevention
- External parasite (flea/tick) screening and prevention
- Diet and nutritional counseling
- Note: All initial kitten visits are schedule for twice the length of regular appointments (at no additional charge to you) in order to make sure that you and your new family member start out on the right paw together.
YOUR KITTEN’S FIRST VISIT
In preparation for your kitten’s first visit with us, it is helpful to bring the health information provided to you by the seller or shelter. This information should include a previous history of vaccines and deworming. We also ask that you bring a fresh stool sample, and bring your kitten in a secure carrier.