Statistically, black cats are have the lowest adoption rates. Why? Who knows! Maybe it’s the superstition that black cats are unlucky. Maybe it’s difficult for people to make a connection with a black cat in a poorly-lit kennel. Or maybe it’s because black cats don’t show up as well in photographs as their lighter colored comrades. Whatever the reason, black cats deserve a loving home, just like any other cat.
If you’re considering adding a kitty to your family, here are our top 10 reasons to pick a black cat!
10. You’ll never lose your black cat in a snowstorm.
9. Black goes with everything!
8. Black cats look like little panthers. Who doesn’t want a mini, tame panther??
7. Black is beautiful!
6. When you love a black cat, luck is on your side!
5. Black cats are loving.
4. Black is slimming!
3. Research has shown that black cats may be more resistant to disease than other cats.
2. They make the perfect accessory for your witch/warlock costume for your Halloween party!
1. Black cats are least likely to be adopted.
If you’re looking for a black cat, make sure to check out Frederick County Animal Control, located right here in Frederick, MD. Don’t forget that the veterinarians here at Kingsbrook Animal Hospital don’t discriminate against black cats– all cats matter!