Willie the parrot is no bird brain. He’s being credited with helping save the life of a 2-year-old girl who was choking Friday, November 7th at her Denver-area home while her babysitter was in the bathroom, according to CBS4Denver.com.
“While I was in the bathroom, Willie (the parrot) started screaming like I’d never heard him scream before and he started flapping his wings,” said Meagan, the sitter who owns the bird. “Then he started saying ‘mama baby’ over and over and over again until I came out and looked at Hannah and Hannah’s face was turning blue because she was choking on her pop tart.”
Meagan quickly performed the Heimlich maneuver on the child, which dislodged the food.
“If (Willie) wouldn’t have warned me, I probably wouldn’t have come out of the bathroom in time because she was already turning blue, her lips were blue and everything,” Meagan said.