Last Christmas, client service representative, Kelly, brought home her first real Christmas tree! Her mother was allergic, so she only had fake trees growing up. She excitedly put up her new tree, decorating it to perfection.
A couple hours later, her dog, Sugar, began sneezing. Kelly was disappointed, thinking Sugar was allergic to trees as well. Her house wouldn’t be filled with the smell of pine trees that reminded her of Christmas time. Over the next couple of hours, Sugar’s sneezes became more and more violent until she suddenly let out the sneeze of all sneezes. A mucous-covered pine needle shot out of Sugar’s nose and landed right on Kelly’s couch! “It was the most disgusting thing I’ve ever encountered,” says Kelly. Sugar continued to sneeze throughout the night and into the next morning.
Fearing she had another pine needle lodged in her nose, Kelly brought Sugar in to Kingsbrook Animal Hospital to see her veterinarian. Sugar was put on an antibiotic and an antihistamine and within a few days was feeling much better! You might be a client service representative’s pet if you snort a pine needle!